CCREF Development Internship – 2013
Deadline: April 30, 2013
Company: Composting Council Research and Education Foundation
Location: Bethesda, MD
The Composting Council Research and Education Foundation (CCREF) was incorporated on June 9, 1992 in the Commonwealth of Virginia. The Foundation was established to seek funding for research to enhance our understanding of composting methods and applications for compost and composted products. In addition, the Foundation disseminates research results to appropriate stakeholders and the general public.
The Foundation is an independent tax exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. It is affiliated with the US Composting Council through common board members. The Foundation and Council share office space, office equipment and staff.
Recent projects include the development of a one-day training program for state regulators on composting basics and a BMP manual for yard waste composting sites on how to add food residuals to their operations. Both of these projects were funded by Region 3 of the USEPA.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn the workings of non-profit Association Foundation that is involved in growing an important component of a sustainable society from a research and education perspective. The successful candidate will report directly to the Development Officer and assist her in the development of a variety of grant research and proposal writing, strategic communications planning and donor cultivation and relations.
Duties & Responsibilities
Potential projects and responsibilities include:
- Research on grant giving organizations – foundation, government, private
- Assist is drafting Letters of Inquiry and proposals
- Update foundation webpage and social media sites
- Prepare donor relations materials, profile prospects, track grant cycles and deadlines
- Assist in development of web content and compilation of compost related research studies
Qualifications and Required Experience:
- A graduate student or senior in a Master’s of Pubic Administration or related degree, leading to a baccalaureate or Masters degree;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Fluent in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Dates & Location
Internship commences on or about May 15, 2013, and end on or about August 15, 2013. These dates are flexible and can be extended by mutual consent. The CCREF office is located in Bethesda, MD near the Grosvenor metro station.
$10-$13/hr depending on the education level – this is a 40hr/wk position
The Composting Council Research and Education Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.Reference #:
Contact Info: Contact Leanne Spaulding with resume and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org