Deadline: April 22, 2013
A non-profit Organic Farm is actively recruiting an Executive Director. The Farm maintains a 3 million dollar budget and is certified by NOFA-NY Certified Organic, LLC. Farming over 1000 acres in the Harlem Valley, New York, the farm is committed to organic and sustainable agriculture. The Farm produces certified organic produce, meats and garden transplants. The Farm’s compost and soil is approved for organic production and available in bulk, wholesale, and retail.
The Farm Market carries farm grown meats and produce, a wide selection of organic and specialty groceries, prepared foods, and fresh baked goods. The Farm Education Program promotes awareness from field to fork by using the Farm as a classroom.
The Executive Director must be enthusiastic and committed to the mission of the Organic Farm – its heritage, legacy and future. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to set priorities, yet maintain flexibility and respond quickly to new fundraising opportunities. Experience in strategic planning and management is required, as is a demonstrated ability to relate effectively with internal partners and external volunteers, donors and prospects. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to manage, lead and inspire others, and possess the ability to facilitate collaboration while working as part of a team. Excellent Written and verbal communication skills, as well as analytical, financial and planning skills are a must.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the position include:
- Work with staff to create an efficient operation of the Farm
- Assist the board and committees in setting goals and planning for the future
- Work with the board to prepare, adopt and implement a budget with a focus on cash flow management
- Lead the strategic direction of the organization in collaboration with the board and staff
- Furnish appropriate written reports to the board on a regular basis
- Assist in the organization of Board meetings
- Liaise with New York City non-profit organizations, institutions and government agencies
- Ensure high quality programs are available to school groups, families and all visitors
- Maintain existing and develop new partnerships with foundations, corporations and other potential funders
- Manage staff roles and responsibilities
- Manage Human Resources benefits
The successful candidate will present with the following professional experience and qualifications:
- 8 – 10 years of progressively responsible management experience
- Strong budgeting and financial management skills
- Background in fundraising is important
- A team-orientation and ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders is critical.
The successful candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in non-profit management, public administration or a related field, a master’s degree is preferred.
A competitive compensation package commensurate with the role, responsibilities and candidate experience will be offered to the successful candidate.
We encourage qualified applicants to forward their resumes and cover letters to the HR Dept. at email@example.com.
Contact Info: HR Dept. at firstname.lastname@example.org