Deadline: March 31, 2013
Company: Highfields Center for Composting
Location: Hardwick, Vermont
Highfields Center for Composting’s mission is to Close the Loop on community-based, sustainable food and agricultural systems, thus addressing soil health, water quality, solid waste, farm viability, and climate change. We research, educate and provide technical services for composting and comprehensive food waste recycling programs.
Executive Director reports to the Chair of the Board and is accountable for the following;
- Work with Board to interpret mission, set strategic direction and priorities, and ensure financial health,
- Delineate strategy that is both leading edge and responsive to stakeholder feedback,
- Support and lead staff to assemble relationships, systems, practices and funding necessary to achieve strategic outcomes,
- Oversee planning, budgeting, staffing and partnerships to efficiently execute strategy and achieve results as outlined in plans within associated budgets , and
- Avoid or solve unacceptable conditions within the organization.
We seek a candidate who possesses many of the following talents and experiences.
- Track record of operational excellence , bring a sophisticated understanding of how to develop organizational capacity and operationalize the strategic vision by executing plans and tracking progress, identifying gaps and reorganizing to fill them, balancing best practices with attention and dedication to mission, establishing and consistently communicating organizational priorities, and assuring alignment and cross-cutting integration of work.
- A savvy manager with sophisticated financial acumen.
- Relationally talented with successful history attracting and maintaining donor/investor interest.
- Strong spokesperson able to articulate why we do what we do and how that ties to our mission.
- Track record of successful work tapping subject matter experts to vet ideas, upgrade strategy, achieve innovative problem solving and creating coherence amidst complex program execution;
- Capacity to recognize and capitalize on mission aligned opportunities to expand impact; develop new revenue possibilities; and identify, nurture and strengthen strategic relationships;
- Demonstrated leader who has successfully orchestrated complex distributed work, maximizing partnerships, engage stakeholders and coalitions via strong systems, practices and processes.
Due to the pace of this search, candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Applications including a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications, your resume (in Word format), salary history, references and where you learned of the position should be sent via:
Highfields Center for Composting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Reference #:
Contact Info: www.HighfieldsComposting.org 802 472 5138 info@HighfieldsComposting.org