Market Development Specialist
Deadline: October 25, 2013
Company: US Composting Council
Position: Market Development Specialist
Reports to: Executive Director
This is a new position at the Council. The person in this position will be responsible for the promotion and sale of all USCC’s products and services and have responsibility for strengthening the US Composting brand.
- Designing, creating, and delivering marketing programs to support the growth and expansion of USCC products and services including membership, conference, training, Seal of Testing Assurance, sponsorships, publications, etc.;
- Development of an annual marketing plan that describes marketing strategies and tactics for all USCC products and services including timeline, budget, & measurement tools; Efforts include the management of production calendar.
- Budget management that delivers all marketing activity within the agreed budget.
- Write, edit, produce content and assist in design/layout/web placement for all marketing materials with the input from other USCC staff for the content;
- Develop targeted market strategies for USCC products and services based on demographics and market research;
- Maintain metrics and report results of marketing efforts on a monthly basis;
- Build USCC visibility and brand awareness;
- Responsible for booth and materials for events;
- Responsible for implementation of marketing-related items in partner agreements such as booth swap, ads, articles, etc.;
- See that the USCC’s newsletter is prepared and disseminated on a quarterly basis. Work with USCC staff to have content developed;
- Support the USCC’s social network to increase traffic to the website and secure contact information from prospective members and customers;
- Management of outside vendors for such services as eblasts, advertising, design;
- Ensure all communication materials are grammatically correct, formatted according to department style guide, and in compliance with laws governing anti-SPAM regulations and registered and trademark symbols.
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all departments.
- Attend and contribute to interdepartmental meetings.
- Travel, as needed.
- Build customer database from trade publication input, trade show lists, association contacts, sales contacts and other resources.
- Performs other duties, as assigned or requested.
The candidate must have the proven ability to plan, organize, monitor and execute multiple marketing projects simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines, in addition to the specific requirements listed below.
- B.A. in Marketing or equivalent and 2-4 years marketing experience.
- Excellent persuasive writing and oral communication skills.
- Fast learner, highly motivated self-starter, team-oriented
- Ability to build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on delivery to customers, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- Strong working knowledge of Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Web and graphic design experience a plus.
- Excellent executive function skills: time management, organizing, multi-tasking, deadline oriented.
- Experience in launching effective social initiatives, cause marketing partnerships, and media partnerships desirable.
- An understanding of compost and the industry and a passion for improving the environment would increase the odds of your selection for the job.
USCC seeks a mid-level, experienced, highly energetic, and entrepreneurial manager who has both the capacity and demonstrated track record to carry out the following duties and responsibilities in an effective, efficient, and highly professional manner. He or she will be expected to contribute broadly to all aspects of the fulfillment of USCC’s mission and vision.
Established in 1990, the US Composting Council is the only national organization in the United States dedicated to the development, expansion, and promotion of the composting industry. The USCC achieves its mission – “to advance composting and promote compost use to enhance soils and provide economic and environmental benefits for members and society” – by encouraging, supporting and performing compost-related research, promoting best management practices, establishing standards, educating professionals and the public about the benefits of composting and compost utilization, enhancing compost product quality, and developing training materials for composters and markets for compost products. USCC members include compost producers, marketers, equipment manufacturers, product suppliers, academic institutions, public agencies, nonprofit groups and consulting/engineering firms. New member outreach also includes homeowners, environmental educators and organizations that promote green living and sustainability.Reference #:
Contact Info: Lori Scozzafava Executive Director US Composting Council / Composting Council Research & Education Foundation 5400 Grosvenor Lane, Bethesda, MD 20814 Main (301)897-2715 x 305 Direct (301)897-2511