Business Development Manager
Deadline: March 28, 2017
The Business Development Manager for the West Composters will be responsible for retention of existing customers, contracting with new municipal customers, and executing on overall portfolio management for Synagro’s compost sites located in the West Region (AZ and CA). Primary focus will be on filling these facilities with both organics and amendments and managing the inbound customer relationships. In addition, the Business Development Manager will assist in siting and developing new facilities in the West as assigned.
Key Success Factors:
Achieving facility budget targets through retention of existing customers, acquisition of new customers, and implementation of favorable pricing terms.
Understanding the competition and customer purchasing behaviors to constantly update the portfolio pricing and management strategy.
Ability to assist and, in some cases, lead efforts to develop strategy and tactics to enhance existing facility approvals or secure new facility sites.
- Retain incoming composting customers for Synagro’s 4 West area composters (Taft, Dos Palos and Helendale CA; Vicksburg, AZ.).
- Meet established performance expectations for growth of business at the compost facilities.
- Develop and maintain inbound composter fill/sales plan for each facility including current committed tonnage, contract expirations, new targets clients with probability weighted pipeline, competitive analysis.
- Municipal customer account management.
- Manage relationships with amendment suppliers such as Waste Management, Republic, etc.
- Influence customer decision process differentiating Synagro from an environmental, safety, experience and financial perspective, including influencing procurement processes and specifications to best position Synagro for success.
- Meet with clients and develop Synagro value propositions for customers.
- Conduct contract negotiations with customers and coordinate with Synagro resources for necessary support.Synagro’s resources include Engineering, Legal, Legislation/Regulations, Finance and Operations.
- Coordinate finance disciplines to develop quality proposals.
- Solicit, qualify and respond to all requests for bids, quotations, proposals or other solicitations from assigned accounts.
- Maintain CRM database and client information.
- Use CRM and other company information to prepare detailed market analysis for proposals including potential competitors, project price history and comparative project evaluation.
- Use Business Development’s StageGate process to track and assess opportunities.
- Understand contracts, regulations and permits that govern the compost business.
- Coordinate facility development projects to expand existing facilities.
- Develop new facility projects, as assigned (if any).
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field such as Business, Marketing, Engineering, Environmental Science, Finance etc.
- 5+ years’ experience in Sales or Project Development.
- Experience in biosolids/residuals management, wastewater treatment, composting or other environmental related service is preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, process work correctly in a timely manner, work under pressure and follow through with limited supervision.
Synagro is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, or other protected group status. Applicants may request reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process. Answers to application questions will be used for applicable, job-related purposes only.
Contact Info: Apply here: http://www.synagro.com/careers/#/jobs/246