Compliance Manager, Regulatory-Environmental
Deadline: May 11, 2017
Company: Harvest Power
Location: West Region - Lathrop CA
Harvest’s Compliance Manager will support environmental permitting and compliance at all current and future California-based green waste recycling and composting facilities. Responsible to stay abreast of all federal, state and local regulations, liaise with applicable regulatory agencies, assess regulatory compliance (including site inventory) and support local site leadership in addressing environmental compliance concerns.
For additional information about Harvest, please visit: www.harvestpower.com
Position Essential Functions :
- Serves as the primary contact for environmental compliance, responding to a wide range of issues including spill reporting, waste management, wastewater, storm water, drinking water, and air emissions compliance.
- Maintains permit records, prepares permit applications and permit renewals.
- Coordinates and conducts facility environmental assessments and sampling in accordance with regulatory and 3rd party certification requirements.
- Initiates communications and responds to regulatory agencies regarding environmental matters.
- Coordinates environmental monitoring and improvement projects with site operations, contractors and supervisor.
- Provides environmental technical training to operations staff.
- Supervise and assist in monitoring of current stockpiles, inventory and material analysis; support and audit the local site recordkeeping.
- Assist in the development and testing of new organics products.
- Support and assist local site management with the implementation and execution of comprehensive E/H/S programs, in accordance with Harvest policy.
- Be vigilant of issues and conditions that can affect their fellow workers and report any issues that can impact the environment or the safety of the employees.
- Prepares and manages departmental budgets.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of relevant regulatory agency or agricultural / industrial environmental compliance management experience required.
- Bachelor of Science or Engineering degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Horticulture, Agriculture, Agronomy, Botany or related discipline is required;
- Requires proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) to maintain records, communicate, prepare and submit regulatory reports.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to prepare and conduct environmental training sessions for employees.
- Knowledge of California environmental laws and regulations.
- Familiarity with budgets and cost analysis.
- Ability to manage projects to include coordinating schedules with contractors and plant operations.
- Familiarity with equipment used to process soils, compost and green waste management a plus.
- Must be able to periodically converse with clients (both external and internal), and laboratories both verbally and in writing to provide lucid explanations describing our soil blends and products
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Possess valid driver’s license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to safely perform the job without posing a direct threat to the safety of his or her own self, or the safety of others.
Physical work environment is frequently outdoors and frequently exposed to varying temperatures from below 32 degrees to above 100 degrees Fahrenheit. While performing the duties of the job, the employee will be required to meet the demands of the following requirements: lifting weights greater than 30 pounds, sitting, prolonged standing, walking, pushing, pulling, carrying, talking and hearing.
Travel up to 50%, primarily within California.Reference #:
Contact Info: Meredith Sorensen | Director of Communications | firstname.lastname@example.org