Manager, Recycling Programs
Deadline: April 22, 2017
Company: Keep America Beautiful
Location: Washington, DC.
Each of KAB’s recycling programs are designed to raise awareness about recycling and, most importantly, grounded in KAB’s behavior change system, to engage individuals to recycle and recycle more of the right materials. In this position, the individual will be responsible for all aspects of managing the growth and execution of the national America Recycles Day and Recycle-Bowl programs including – program development (program content, website, registration and reporting), stakeholder engagement, promotional partner building and marketing communications. In addition, as a member of the recycling department team the individual will also support other recycling programs: RecycleMania, Recycling@Work, and the KAB Public Space Infrastructure Building Initiatives as necessary. The individual will support specific elements of these programs, to include planning, organizing, data and collateral management, communications and outreach to stakeholders, program evaluation, identifying research opportunities and other program management responsibilities.
The Manager, Recycling Programs, reports to the Senior Vice President, Recycling of Keep America Beautiful. For individual program elements, the Manager, Recycling Programs will work with the individual Project Directors.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in direct Programming and Project Management.
- Sustainability/recycling subject matter expertise required
- Experience-based knowledge in marketing and communications, preferably for a social marketing project or similar community/individual activity.
- Demonstrated superior organization skills to manage multiple projects and meet critical deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven self-starter and be a team player
- Digital proficiency preferred: PowerPoint, Excel, social media and content management systems. Experience with Illustrator, Survey Monkey, Constant Contact and WordPress and Joomla web platforms preferred.
TRAVEL: The position requires occasional travel, to include overnight travel.
COMPENSATION: Consistent with experience and salary history.
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: This position has promotion potential to Project DirectorReference #:
Contact Info: Send cover letter including salary history and requirements and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org