The USCC will continually promote the STA Program logo and participants to end users and specifiers, thereby improving the value of the program to compost manufacturers and marketers.
Program Promotional Efforts
- Inclusion in STA section of the USCC’s web-page – providing information on the program, containing a map of Participants, technical information on the program’s required testing parameters, etc.
- Provide list of complying STA Program Participants to inquiring end users and specifiers.
- Distribute press releases to end user and specifier trade associations describing the program, new participants and the web-page address.
- Publish promotional articles in relevant end user and specifier magazines and publications explaining the Program and listing participants.
- Develop both end user specific AND standard presentations explaining the Program, for use by both STA staff and program participants to present at relevant conferences.
- Include list of STA Program Participants with appropriate USCC publications that are sold (e.g., Landscape Architecture Specifications for Compost Utilization, Compost Use Guidelines and The Field Guide to Compost Use).
- Provide a list of STA Program participants to state composting organizations for distribution and promotion.
- Promote STA Program and Participants through involvement at relevant end user and/or specifier trade shows. (The USCC is promoting the STA Program and Participants at the American Society of Landscape Architects and the Garden Writers Association of America National Conferences.)
- Promote Participants to landscape architects and landscape designers, as well as garden writers, and organizations that sell landscaping specifications to the landscape/construction industry.
- Promote STA Program Participants to state departments of transportation.
- Work with state departments of transportation and private landscape architects to have ONLY STA certified compost approved for use on landscape projects.
- Provide Participants with ad slicks or an electronic file of the program logo, and other promotional tools for use in their own in-house marketing efforts.
- Provide Participants an STA Program logo sign for their promotion displays.
- Assist Participants in establishing their own ‘in-house’ STA Program related promotional program.
- Provide standardized STA Program promotional and explanatory literature (templates) to Participants for use in the promotion of their product to end users and specifiers.
- Complete STA Program promotional mailings to landscape architects (ASLA members) in states where STA Program participants exist.
If you need more information Please contact a program manager.