REGISTER NOW! CLICK HERE
Two Pre-conference Tours to choose from this year: Local Compost Facilities and “Behind the Scenes” of Disney
Tours Start and End at the Buena Vista Palace Hotel and Spa
Tour of Local Composting Facilities
C&C Peat Windrow Composting and Potting Soil Production, Okahumpka, FL
- C&C is a premium potting media producer out of Okahumpka, FL serving the horticultural and agricultural industries in Florida. C&C Peat is family owned and operated celebrating our 30th year of dedicated service. C&C Peat operates a 20 acre composting and processing center that produces the highest quality Class AA Compost in the State. They are currently composting 150,000 cubic yards per year of materials taken primarily from many horse farms in Marion County, as well as secondarily from land clearing debris. For more info: http://ccpeat.com/index.html
Vista Park Organics Recycling, operated by Waste Management
- The VISTA Organics Recycling facility is a joint venture of the Garick Company and Waste Management. The In-vessel composting facility can process up to 30,000 tons per year of mixed source-separated organics on a 12 acre site. VISTA uses an ECS-designed aerated static pile composting method with an in slab negative air system that pulls air out through biofilters to eliminate odors and VOC’s. The feedstocks include food waste and woody yard debris.
Hosts: Stephen Cook, President, C & C Peat Co, Karen Sussman, Operations Manager-Southern Region, Waste Management Organic Recycling
Lunch is included • Sponsored by Publix Markets
Max Attendees: 56
Time: 9:30 AM to 4:00 PM
Tour Cost: $125 USCC members | $175 non-members (includes lunch)
“Business Behind the Magic” Behind‐the‐Scenes Tour of Disney World
In addition to creating a magical environment for Guests from around the world, Walt and Roy Disney mastered the art of business. In the end, they determined that leadership excellence, people management, quality service, brand loyalty and creativity & innovation were the five key principles that would forge an invaluable formula for success. Not only have these time‐tested business lessons helped establish Disney as one of the world’s leading brands, but thousands of organizations around the world have also successfully adapted these principles in their own pursuit of excellence.
Now you have the unforgettable opportunity to go behind‐the‐scenes and experience time‐tested Disney business philosophies at one of the leading business operations in the world firsthand.
This 3.5‐hour tour features the five core principles taught by Disney Institute and shows how they come to life each day at the Walt Disney World® Resort for Cast Members and Guests. You will explore the following locations:
- Textile Services: Visit a state‐of‐the‐art laundry facility, one of the largest in theworld, to see how committed, responsible, inspiring leaders are able to motivate a team to achieve amazing results. (Highlights from Disney’s Approach to Leadership Excellence and Creativity & Innovation)
- Epcot® Cast Services: Experience the “Backstage” area from a Cast Member perspective. See how the Walt Disney World® Resort creates a supportive environment for the Cast Members as they prepare to go on stage. Discover the important role backstage areas play increating a caring environment. (Highlights from Disney’s Approach to People Management and Creativity & Innovation)
- Walt Disney World® Resort Nursery and Tree Farm: Go behind-the-scenes to see how Disney horticulturists create world‐famous topiaries. Examine Disney leadership strategies and discover the benefits of involving people and positive partnering among teams. (Highlights from Disney’s Approach to Leadership Excellence)
- The “Utilidor” System: Journey beneath the Magic Kingdom® Park to visit support systems designed to improve the experiences of Cast Members and Guests alike. Discover how we use simple tools to engage and empower Cast Members to create lasting customer relationships that drive repeat business and brand loyalty. (Highlights from Disney’s Approach to Brand Loyalty and Creativity & Innovation)
Note: You must be 16 or older to participate in this tour.
Time: 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM Tour
Cost: $245 USCC members | $295 non‐members