Compost Operations Training Courses
We are still nailing down dates, but the 2015 COTC schedule will be:
- March: California
- July: Maryland or Virginia
- September: North Carolina
- November: Florida
Date and location details coming soon.
click here to add your name to our mailing list
About the USCC’s Compost Operations Training Course:
- 40-hr, 5-day course includes lectures, hands-on activities and field trips
- focuses on the knowledge and skills to run a successful composting facility
- taught by leading composting professionals and educators
About the USCC’s Technician Training Course:
A one-day training designed for equipment operators and field workers at
commercial scale compost facilities.
Training is at your facility and is tailored to your operation.
Classroom and hands-on or field exercises organized according to your
• Roles of oxygen, moisture, C:N ratio, porosity, and processing time
• Feedstock receiving, storing, mixing, curing, and moisture control
• Pile measuring (volume and density)
• Odor and fire control
• Worker safety
Optional field exercises can include pile monitoring and measuring techniques, problems solving, pile sampling, and material watering.
For additional information, please contact Samantha Stallybrass