Compost Operations Training Courses
March 3-7, 2014 in Davis, California
at the Western Center for Agricultural Equipment
September 15-19, 2014 in Raleigh, North Carolina
at the North Carolina State University, Edward Booth Field Learning Lab
May 5-9, 2014 in Apopka, Florida
at the Vista Organics Recycling Facility
click here to add your name to our mailing list
About the USCC’s Compost Operations Training Course:
- 40-hr, 5-day course includes lectures, hands-on activities and field trips
- focuses on the knowledge and skills to run a successful composting facility
- taught by leading composting professionals and educators
About the USCC’s Technician Training Course:
A one-day training designed for equipment operators and field workers at
commercial scale compost facilities.
Training is at your facility and is tailored to your operation.
Classroom and hands-on or field exercises organized according to your
• Roles of oxygen, moisture, C:N ratio, porosity, and processing time
• Feedstock receiving, storing, mixing, curing, and moisture control
• Pile measuring (volume and density)
• Odor and fire control
• Worker safety
Optional field exercises can include pile monitoring and measuring techniques, problems solving, pile sampling, and material watering.
For additional information, please contact Samantha Stallybrass