Market Staff – Full and part-time positions
Deadline: September 15, 2017
Company: McEnroe Organic Farm
Location: Millerton, NY
About the Farm:
McEnroe Farm is a NOFA-NY LLC certified organic farm producing compost and soils, organic and naturally raised meats, greenhouse tomatoes, seasonal produce, and nursery transplants.
The soils and compost are approved for organic production and have been used by farms, gardens, landscapers, and green roofers since 1987. A unique, bio-diverse farm, we adhere to organic principles of caring for the soil and being stewards of the earth. The farm is over 1,000 acres located in Millerton, NY, in Northern Dutchess county.
About the Market: Local, Seasonal, and Organic Groceries
McEnroe Organic Market sells a diverse selection of local, seasonal, and organic groceries, including McEnroe’s own farm-raised meats, vegetables, fruits, and plant starts. We have prepared foods, regional dairy products, artisan bread, homemade baked goods, organic produce, nursery products and gardening supplies. Our products help customers maintain a healthful diet and a sustainable garden.
Year round we have a variety of fresh vegetables, fruits, meats, eggs, honey, dairy products, soups, breads, baked goods, cereals, and much more. We take care to ensure that the food we sell is produced locally or certified organic.
Desired Skills & Responsibilities
- Provide outstanding friendly customer service.
- Communicate with and assists customers in selections of products.
- Price and stock items, Ability to multi task, work independently when needed, and display a team oriented approach to work and staff.
- Ring out customers on ECRS Catapult retail system.
- Social media and web updating knowledge a plus.
- Must keep market and outside areas clean and organized.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and needs in a calm and diplomatic manner.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, kneel and squat.
- Must be able to push, pull, and maneuver heavy loads.
- Must be able to stand and be on one’s feet the majority of the work day.
Seasonal full time position, with opportunity for continued work. Part-time positions also available. Weekends required.Reference #:
Contact Info: To view or apply: https://www.indeed.com/cmp/McEnroe-Organic-Farm/jobs/Market-Staff-fa8b9e32a243c1bc?sjdu=QwrRXKrqZ3CNX5W-O9jEvWEuKRfJsQCJGKhFvHSNSCAQqVqJv5RuE71mCR11yDNqP5KjOglUuBJtfOGJKN6_5iKc_Mq7yArVGgtCjW7IrUiBPx87ZJ1Q9LfkMR6MGZjj