STA Certified Compost Participant Checklist
New Participants Only at the Fourth Step
1. Using the “Collecting Field Samples” document directions, collect a 1 gallon sample of compost.
- Both of forms are needed in order to properly collect and submit your compost sample.
- Testing a sample can that 3-4 weeks, so you need to build that into your time frame.
3. Include with this sample the following information:
- Completed chain of custody form (check BOTH STA Certified Compost AND 503 analyses, as well as any state DOT form that is required)
- Fully complete the form listing; composting facility name, contact information, feedstock, state DOT requirements (if any), etc. This information must be the same contact information that is posted on the STA Certified Compost website and on any STA Certified Compost literature that is created.
4. The key pieces of the contract that need to be completed, signed and returned are listed below.
- Please return the original and retain a photocopy for your records.
- Complete and submit the following forms and items to the Market Development Coordinator (see address below):
- a. “The Certification Program for Seal of Testing Assurance Program Rules” cover page
- b. Appendix D – The entire logo use agreement
- c. Appendix F-1 – The application form (Please complete a separate form for each compost product that you want included in the STA Certified Compost program)
- d. Your product use instructions, with specific compost application rates (these are often forgotten). Please provide specific use information that includes either volume or depth of compost application. Compost test results will be provided directly by the STA Certified Compost lab to both the STA Certified Compost Program at USCC and to the participant.
- Provide a 1 quart sample of your compost product(s). This does not require any special packaging or shipping.
- PLEASE also include a current copy of your composting facility operating permit cover page showing facility name and current dating.
5. Please see the STA Certified Compost annual participation fee schedule page here.
Please submit all of the above to the STA Certified Compost Program Manager:
1053 E, Whitaker Mill Rd. #115
Raleigh, NC 27604